Neck Pain FAQ
Neck pain can have a negative impact on quality of life, and it can also be indicative of a serious injury. At Beverly Hills Comprehensive Medical Group, we help patients identify the source of their neck pain and deliver safe, gentle treatments to help patients recover.
What causes neck pain in Beverly Hills?
Neck pain can have many different causes, including whiplash, text neck, poor ergonomics, lifestyle habits and muscle strain.
What is text neck?
Text neck is a relatively newly identified condition that occurs when a patient spends a lot of time bending over and looking down at mobile devices. This activity causes strain on the muscles of the neck and can eventually influence the curve of the spine. In addition to neck pain, other symptoms of text neck include:
- Poor posture
- Stiffness of the neck and shoulders
What is whiplash?
Whiplash is a condition that occurs when the neck is suddenly and violently jerked forward or backward. This causes tiny tears in the muscles and ligaments of the neck, causing pain and tenderness in the neck and spine. Whiplash is a common condition among car accident victims and victims of sports injury or personal injury. Other symptoms of whiplash include:
- Muscle stiffness
- Difficulty turning the head and neck
- Pain radiating down into the shoulders and spine
- Blurred vision
What can your chiropractor do about neck pain?
Your chiropractor can treat your neck pain using a technique called spinal adjustment. Spinal adjustment is the cornerstone of all chiropractic care. During a spinal adjustment, the vertebrae of the spine are properly realigned, which helps relieve pressure on the spinal cord. Spinal adjustment is a technique that chiropractors use to treat all conditions, and is especially effective for treating musculoskeletal problems like neck pain.
Does spinal adjustment hurt?
Spinal adjustment is not supposed to hurt. In fact, many patients leave the chiropractic office feeling better and more flexible after a spinal adjustment.
What are the other techniques your chiropractor can use to treat neck pain?
In addition to spinal adjustment, your chiropractor can treat your neck pain using the following techniques:
- Massage therapy. Massage therapy is a technique chiropractors use to loosen the muscles of the neck and shoulders, thus reducing pain.
- Stretches and exercises. Therapeutic stretches and exercises can be used to increase neck mobility and strength after an accident.
- Lifestyle advice. Chiropractors administer lifestyle advice to patients to help them avoid behaviors that lead to injury and neck pain.
- Nutrition counseling. Nutrition counseling helps patients reach their weight loss goals, which reduces strain on the neck and other joints and muscles in the body.
Where can you go for neck pain treatment in Beverly Hills?
If you’re experiencing neck pain in Beverly Hills, your chiropractor at Beverly Hills Comprehensive Medical Group can help. Contact us today at 310-657-0366 to make an appointment and get started on the road to wellness.